Marvel Exhibit ready for all ages

Sandro Vannini- Museum of Science and Industry

Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago

Josselyn Cruz, Editor-in-Chief

The Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) is hosting Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes starting from March 7 through October 24 for the general public. People who have a membership with MSI were able to see the Marvel exhibit on March 4-6.

The Marvel exhibit includes more than 300 artifacts of  original costumes, props, and art. Marvel began more than 80 years ago. Viewers will learn Marvel’s history along with its worldwide impact.

Angela Caldwell, an Oakton student, explains her favorite Marvel character. “It’s Wonder Woman because it publicizes how strong women can be and persevere and get through challenging times. I think it’s also cool to have a female superhero because it’s usually like they look up to Superman or something. It’s nice to publicize that women can be as strong as men,” Caldwell said.

According to the Museum and Science of Industry press release, president and CEO Chevy Humphrey explained that MSI was excited to invite the public back to see the Marvel: Universe of Super Heros exhibit. “Keeping the exhibition at MSI for a longer time offers even more opportunities for guests to plan their visit when they feel ready,” Humphrey said.

The Museum of Science and Industry is currently open on Wednesdays through Sundays. People will have to buy their tickets at msichicago.org/marvel in order to have a time-entry ticket at MSI. They will have their tickets through email or contactless scanning through their smartphones.

According to the press release, MSI is continuing to follow health guidelines in order to preserve the safety of the staff and the general public. There is a certain limit capacity for the public to enter everyday, have a time-entry ticket, and keep six feet apart to lower the size of crowds. The MSI staff and ages two years and older is mandatory to wear a face mask in the building.

Caldwell describes how she has concerns when planning to visit the Marvel exhibit. “Since the exhibits are more spaced out, there could be people that do not follow the lines or might not have the mask on all the time. If people don’t stay six feet apart too, that would worry me,” Caldwell said.

Caldwell explained that her advice is for any age to get to know more about the Marvel characters at the Museum of Science and Industry.

“Marvel could be for anyone and experiencing it at the Museum of Science and Industry could be a new way for anybody to learn more about Marvel characters. The Museum of Science and Industry in the past would have nice exhibits and some are hands-on. It is really for any age to see the exhibit,” she said.